The third annual Bauer BCHL Showcase is set for September 19-21 in Chilliwack and yesterday the league office released the schedule for the event at Prospera Centre. All sixteen teams in the BCHL will play two games, both against non-divisional opponents and in front of a large contingent of NCAA, CIS and NHL scouts.
The Vees anchor the first night of the three-day event, as they tangle with the Surrey Eagles on Friday, September 19th at 7:30pm on the main rink. Some history between these two franchises, as the Eagles dethroned the Vees as BCHL champs in 2013. The following afternoon the Vees and Alberni Valley Bulldogs hook-up for a matinée contest at 3pm on the secondary rink. It’s the second straight year the Vees are playing the Bulldogs at the Showcase and again in the afternoon.
One stat for you to chew on over the summer: The Vees are 4-0-0 in the two previous installments of the Bauer BCHL Showcase; can they keep the streak alive?
2014 Bauer BCHL Showcase schedule:
Friday, Sept. 19:
- 3:30pm Vernon Vipers vs. Cowichan Valley Capitals Secondary Rink
- 4pm Salmon Arm Silverbacks vs. Langley Rivermen Main Rink
- 7pm Coquitlam Express vs. West Kelowna Warriors Secondary Rink
- 7:30pm Penticton Vees vs. Surrey Eagles
Saturday, Sept. 20:
- 11:30am Cowichan Valley Capitals vs. Merritt Centennials – Secondary Rink
- 12:00pm Trail Smoke Eaters vs. Coquitlam Express Main Rink
- 3pm Alberni Valley Bulldogs vs. Penticton Vees Secondary Rink
- 3:30pm Victoria Grizzlies vs. Vernon Vipers Main Rink
- 6:30pm Nanaimo Clippers vs. Prince George Spruce Kings – Secondary Rink
- 7pm Chilliwack Chiefs vs. Powell River Kings
Sunday, Sept. 21:
- 10:30am Powell River Kings vs. Trail Smoke Eaters Secondary Rink
- 11am Prince George Spruce Kings vs. Alberni Valley Bulldogs – Main Rink
- 2pm Langley Rivermen vs. Victoria Grizzlies
- 2:30pm West Kelowna Warriors vs. Nanaimo Clippers Main Rink
- 5:30pm Surrey Eagles vs. Salmon Arm Silverbacks Secondary Rink
- 6pm Merritt Centennials vs. Chilliwack Chiefs