CALGARY, Alberta (October 13, 2014) – Only two teams remain unbeaten in the CJHL this far in to the regular season. Manitoba’s Portage Terriers (MJHL) and Saskatchewan’s Notre Dame Hounds (SJHL) remain atop their provincial standings with perfect records. Across all ten leagues however, early season favorites are starting to find their games and the league standings are becoming very competitive.
In the BCHL, the Penticton Vees are rolling along with a five-game winning streak and are opening a lead in the very tough Interior Division. The Camrose Kodiaks of the AJHL have stumbled slightly, and have seen the Viterra North Division powerhouse, the Spruce Grove Saints, catch fire with their very own five-game winning streak, and now are tied with the Kodiaks atop the overall standings.
The Notre Dame Hounds of the SJHL sit in first place in the league standings, and although the Melfort Mustangs are tied with same the amount of points, they have played 3 more games than the Hounds. The Portage Terriers lead the MJHL, but the Winnipeg Blues and Winkler Flyers are hot on their tail.
Meanwhile in the SIJHL, the Fort Frances Lakers have a slim one point lead over the Dryden Ice Dogs. The NOJHL might be the most competitive league in the CJHL with six teams out the nine team league within two points of the overall standings lead.
The Trenton Golden Hawks have scored an impressive 64 goals for while only allowing 29 goals against as the OJHL’s East Division has the Trenton Golden Hawks, Cobourg Cougars, and the Whitby Fury all tied with the most points in the OJHL.
The Carleton Place Canadians lead the CJHL and CCHL with 15 wins, while the real race is between the Cornwall Colts, Hawksbury Hawks, Ottawa Jr ‘A’ Senators, and the Nepean Raiders who are all within two points of each other for second place overall in the CCHL.
The Cougars de Sherbrooke are still on top of the LHJQ, but are being pursued closely by Les Panthers de Saint Jerome and the Rangers de Montreal-Est. The Woodstock Slammers are still rolling in the MHL, with the Dieppe Commandos right behind them in the standings.
The Pictou County Weeks Crushers and the Truro Bearcats have found their winning ways over the past week of competition
Top 20 Rankings
1. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (1)
2. Notre Dame Hounds (SJHL) (2)
3. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (3)
4. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (14)
5. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (9)
6. Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL) (4)
7. Winnipeg Blues (MJHL) (12)
8. Woodstock Slammers (MHL) (8)
9. Cobourg Cougars (OJHL) (5)
10. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (11)
11. Cornwall Colts (CCHL) (8)
12. Kirkland Lake Gold Miners (NOJHL) (NR)
13. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (NR)
14. Cougars de Sherbrooke (LHJQ) (20)
15. Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) (18)
16. Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (NR)
17. Whitby Fury (OJHL) (HM)
18. Dryden Ice Dogs (SIHL) (HM)
19. Dieppe Commandos (MHL) (19)
20. Pantheres de Saint Jerome (LHJQ) (NR)
Honourable Mention: Prince George Spruce Kings (BCHL), Winkler Flyers (MJHL), Sudbury Nickel Barons (NOJHL), Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL), Rangers de Montreal-Est (LHJQ)