From the CJHL:
A 13-game winning streak has pushed the BCHL’s Penticton Vees to the top of the weekly CJHL Top 20 rankings. As October gives way to November, there are several other strong surges by teams across the CJHL as the Spruce Grove Saints, the Kindersley Klippers, the Aurora Tigers, and the Pictou County Weeks Crushers all make significant moves upwards.
The Penticton Vees have opened a lead atop the overall BCHL standings, but this past week has seen the West Kelowna Warriors catch fire, and they are in the midst of a three game winning streak in the tough Interior Division. The Spruce Grove Saints are atop the AJHL standings, but the Viterra AJHL South Division is already a dogfight with Okotoks Oilers holding down first place by the virtue of having played the most games in the league, while long time rivals, the Brooks Bandits and the Drumheller Dragons, both seem to have found their games.
The SJHL’s Kindersley Klippers are being hotly pursued by the Melfort Mustangs for the overall lead, but the entire SJHL is tightening up as every game now has great importance. The Portage Terriers remain comfortable atop the overall MJHL standings, while the Winkler Flyers and the Steinbach Pistons show some game. Meanwhile in the SIJHL, the Fort Frances Lakers continue their solid play followed closely by the Thunder Bay North Stars, and in the NOJHL, the Soo Thunderbirds have been tracked down by the Kirkland Lake Gold Miners as these two teams share the overall lead with the Cochrane Crunch and the Sudbury Nickel Barons not too far behind.
The Trenton Golden Hawks of the OJHL continue to roll along and sit on top of the overall standings, but the Aurora Tigers, the Georgetown Raiders, and the Cobourg Cougars are starting to show some separation in the over all standings. The Carleton Place Canadians and the Ottawa Jr ‘A’ Senators are the class of the CCHL as of this week.
The Cougars de Sherbrooke continue to dominate the standings of the LHJQ, while the Woodstock Slammers are in command of the MHL, and the Pictou County Weeks Crushers have moved atop the EastLink Division standings.
Top 20 Rankings
- Penticton Vees (BCHL) (2)
- Portage Terriers (MJHL) (1)
- Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (3)
- Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (6)
- Kindersley Klippers (SJHL) (11)
- Woodstock Slammers (MHL) (5)
- Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (10)
- Cougars de Sherbrooke (LHJQ) (9)
- Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL) (7)
- Soo Thunderbirds (NOHL) (8)
- Aurora Tigers (OJHL) (18)
- Kirkland Lake Gold Miners (NOJHL) (15)
- Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (13)
- Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (12)
- Georgetown Raiders (OJHL) (19)
- Cobourg Cougars (OJHL) (NR)
- Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (18)
- Pictou County Weeks Crushers (MHL) (HM)
- Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (HM)
- Flin Flon Bombers (SJHL) (NR)
Honourable Mention: Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL), West Kelowna Warriors (BCHL), Brooks Bandits (AJHL), Drumheller Dragons (AJHL), Okotoks Oilers (AJHL)