From the CJHL:
With a 14-game winning streak under their belt and no end in sight to their superb play, the Portage Terriers of the MJHL, remain on top of the Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 Weekly Rankings. Elsewhere in the country, some teams are getting hot and some teams and hitting mini-slumps, resulting in numerous changes to this week’s rankings.
The Penticton Vees are still on top in the BCHL Interior Division, and the Nanaimo Clippers have gotten back to their winning ways. The Chilliwack Chiefs and the Vernon Vipers are also starting to roll and the BCHL remains ultra-competitive. In Alberta, the Camrose Kodiaks and the Spruce Grove Saints are virtually tied for the overall lead in points, but the Okotoks Oilers and Brooks Bandits are close behind.
In Saskatchewan, the Melfort Mustangs stumbled and are still trailing the Kindersley Klippers by four points, while the Flin Flon Bombers continue to pursue with each game. The Portage Terriers remain comfortably atop the overall MJHL standings, while the Winkler Flyers continue to stay ahead of the Winnipeg Blues. In the SIJHL, the Fort Frances Lakers are tied at the top of the standings with the Thunder Bay North Stars, but have two games in hand. In the NOJHL, the Soo Thunderbirds have remained ahead of the Kirkland Lake Gold Miners for NOJHL superiority, but the Elliot Lake Wildcats are starting to make a statement as well.
The Aurora Tigers of the OJHL have pulled ahead of the Trenton Golden Hawks for the overall lead in the standings, and the Georgetown Raiders are making it a three team race for the overall lead in the OJHL. The Carleton Place Canadians and the Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators continue to dominate the CCHL.
The Titan de Princeville share top spot in the standings of the LHJQ, with the Cougars de Sherbrooke, but the Titan hold a game in hand. The Woodstock Slammers are clearly one of the top teams in the CJHL, and have an eleven point lead over second place Miramichi Timberwolves and are starting to run away from the rest of the MHL.
Top 20 Rankings
- Portage Terriers (MJHL) (1)
- Woodstock Slammers (MHL) (4)
- Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (2)
- Aurora Tigers (OJHL) (5)
- Camrose Kodiaks (AHL) (6)
- Penticton Vees (BCHL) (3)
- Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (7)
- Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (9)
- Kindersley Klippers (SJHL) (12)
- Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (17)
- Kirkland Lake Gold Miners (SIJHL) (14)
- Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (8)
- Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (10)
- Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (11)
- Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (15)
- Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (13)
- Nanaimo Clippers (BCHL) (HM)
- Flin Flon Bombers (SJHL) (HM)
- Les Titan de Princeville (LHJQ) (16)
- Miramichi Timberwolves (MHL) (18)
Honourable Mention: Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL), Vernon Vipers (BCHL), Okotoks Oilers (AJHL), Winnipeg Blues (MJHL), Georgetown Raiders (OJHL)