From the CJHL
As we begin the holiday break in all ten CJHL leagues, the Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 Weekly Rankings have shown little change. The top teams continue to hold their leads with the Portage Terriers of the MJHL, and host team of this year’s RBC Cup, remain as the top ranked team in the country, with a record of 32-2-2.
The Penticton Vees continue atop the overall standings of the BCHL, while the Chilliwack Chiefs remain in the top spot of the Mainland Division. In the AJHL, the Camrose Kodiaks, Spruce Grove Saints and the Brooks Bandits are continuing to separate themselves from the rest of this ultra-competitive league.
In Saskatchewan, the Melfort Mustangs continue to hold their lead on the Kindersley Klippers, while the Nipawin Hawks have quietly crept into contention in the SJHL. The MJHL Steinbach Pistons have also moved up the standings on the strength of a four-game winning streak. This leaves them right on the heels of the Winnipeg Blues and the Winkler Flyers for second place overall in the MJHL. The Fort Frances Lakers have opened a five-point cushion in the SIJHL standings, while the Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League not much has changed with the Kirkland Lake Gold Miners deadlocked with the Soo Thunderbirds for first place overall, with the T-Birds still having one game in hand.
The Aurora Tigers remain in first place in the overall standings of the OJHL, but the Georgetown Raiders and Cobourg Cougars are within striking distance of the Tigers. The Carleton Place Canadians and the Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators continue to dominate the CCHL, and the Titan de Princeville stay atop in the LHJQ. In the MHL, the Woodstock Slammers remain in first place of the overall standings, and the Pictou County Weeks Crushers hold onto their Honourable Mention.
The CJHL would like to wish all of our teams, players and loyal Junior ‘A’ fans – a safe, healthy and happy holiday season and a Happy New Year. The Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 Weekly Rankings will return on January 12, 2015.
Top 20 Rankings
- Portage Terriers (MJHL) (1)
- Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL) (2)
- Penticton Vees (BCHL) (3)
- Aurora Tigers (OJHL) (5)
- Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (4)
- Woodstock Slammers (MHL) (6)
- Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (7)
- Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (9)
- Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (8)
- Kindersley Klippers (SJHL) (10)
- Kirkland Lake Gold Miners (NOJHL) (12)
- Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (11)
- Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (15)
- Georgetown Raiders (OJHL) (13)
- Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (14)
- Cobourg Cougars (OJHL) (18)
- Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (HM)
- Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (NR)
- Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) (19)
- Les Titan de Princeville (LHJQ) (20)
Honourable Mention: Nanaimo Clippers (BCHL), Nipawin Hawks (SJHL), Winkler Flyers (MJHL), Winnipeg Blues (MJHL), Pictou County Weeks Crushers (MHL)