After winning all three games this week, the Vees continue to have a tight grip on third place in the CJHL Top 20 rankings. Nanaimo and Vernon are the other two BCHL teams to crack the Top 20.
From the CJHL
With onset of the New Year, and the passing of the CJHL trade deadline, teams across Canada are ‘all in’, as their pursuit for Junior ‘A’ hockey supremacy enters the home stretch. The top teams are solidifying their positions, but in so many towns and communities across the CJHL, many teams are aiming their sights on those teams a head of them in the standings. The playoff races are on, and there will be competitive hockey played every night.
The Penticton Vees continue to lead the overall standings of the BCHL, while the Nanaimo Clippers and the Vernon Vipers have been making progress forward in the past several weeks. In the AJHL, the Spruce Grove Saints own a nine-game winning streak, and have moved atop the overall standings.
In Saskatchewan, the Melfort Mustangs continue to stay ahead of the Kindersley Klippers, and the Flin Flon Bombers have quietly crept back into contention in the SJHL. The MJHL has Canada’s top team with the Portage Terriers continuing to steamroll along in their preparation for hosting the 2015 RBC Cup.
The Fort Frances Lakers are enjoying an eight-game winning streak and have a firm grip on the SIJHL standings, while the Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League things have not changed much with the Kirkland Lake Gold Miners deadlocked with the Soo Thunderbirds for first place overall, while the T-Birds still have one game in hand.
The Trenton sits on top of the overall standings in the OJHL, but the Aurora Tigers are one point back with two game at hand, while the Georgetown Raiders and Cobourg Cougars just a few points behind the Tigers.
The Carleton Place Canadians and the Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators continue to dominate the CCHL, and the Titan de Princeville stay on top in the LHJQ with their stronger winning percentage.
In the MHL, the Woodstock Slammers remain atop the overall standings, and the Pictou County Weeks Crushers have had an excellent few weeks, enough to re-enter the CJHL Top 20 Weekly Rankings.
Top 20 Rankings
- Portage Terriers (MJHL) (1)
- Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (7)
- Penticton Vees (BCHL) (3)
- Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (5)
- Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL) (2)
- Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (8)
- Woodstock Slammers (MHL) (6)
- Aurora Tigers (OJHL) (4)
- Georgetown Raiders (OJHL) (14)
- Kindersley Klippers (SJHL) (10)
- Kirkland Lake Gold Miners (NOJHL) (11)
- Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (15)
- Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (12)
- Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (9)
- Nanaimo Clippers (BCHL) (HM)
- Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (HM)
- Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (13)
- Pictou County Weeks Crushers (MHL) (HM)
- Vernon Vipers (BCHL) (NR)
- Les Titan de Princeville (LHJQ) (20)
Honourable Mention: Flin Flon Bombers (SJHL), Cobourg Cougars (OJHL), Pembroke Lumber Kings (CCHL), Cougars de Sherbrooke (LHJQ), Dieppe Commados (MHL)