Following a tremendous CJHL Prospects Game in Oakville, Ontario this past week where the West squeaked out a 3-2 victory over the East with just 7.3 left, the Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 Rankings sees very little change. However, the Spruce Grove Saints of the AJHL, and the Carleton Place Canadians of the CCHL did join the MJHL’s Portage Terriers of the MJHL as the only teams in the CJHL to earn forty plus wins already.
The Penticton Vees remain the top team in the BCHL, and there is a dogfight between the Nanaimo Clippers and the Vernon Vipers for second place overall. Meanwhile in Alberta, the Saints are running away with a 23-point lead in the North Division, while the Camrose Kodiaks are moving further ahead of the Brooks Bandits in the South Division by virtue of a solid 5-game winning streak.
The Melfort Mustangs and the Kindersley Klippers are the powers at the moment in the SJHL, while the Steinbach Pistons and the Winnipeg Blues are still battling for second place overall in the MJHL behind the Portage Terriers. The Virden Oil Capitals and the Winkler Flyers are sticking close to the Pistons and Blues and creating a great playoff race in Manitoba.
The Fort Frances Lakers, and their current 12-game winning streak, are now dominating the SIJHL standings, while the Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League still has the Kirkland Lake Gold Miners virtually deadlocked with the Soo Thunderbirds for first place overall.
The Aurora Tigers have re-taken the overall points lead in the OJHL this past week, while the Trenton Golden Hawks, and Georgetown Raiders remain just a couple points behind. The Carleton Place Canadians are still solidly entrenched at the top of the CCHL, but the Pembroke Lumber Kings are now within striking distance of the Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators in the tightening Yzerman Division.
The Cougars de Sherbrooke have slipped ahead of the College Francais de Longueuil to lead the standings in the LHJQ. The Woodstock Slammers remain at the top of the standings in the ultra-competitive MHL, while the Dieppe Commandos re-enter the rankings as an honourable mention this week.
Top 20 Rankings
- Portage Terriers (MJHL) (1)
- Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (2)
- Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL) (5)
- Penticton Vees (BCHL) (4)
- Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (4)
- Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (6)
- Aurora Tigers (OJHL) (8)
- Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (7)
- Woodstock Slammers (MHL) (8)
- Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (11)
- Kindersley Klippers (SJHL) (10)
- Kirkland Lake Gold Miners (NOJHL) (11)
- Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (13)
- Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (14)
- Georgetown Raiders (OJHL) (15)
- Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (16)
- Nanaimo Clippers (BCHL) (18)
- Vernon Vipers (BCHL) (17)
- Pembroke Lumber Kings (CCHL) (19)
- Cougars de Sherbrooke (LHJQ) (HM)