After putting together a five-game win streak and winning two of their three games last week, the Penticton Vees remain atop of the CJHL Top 20 Weekly Rankings. It’s the sixth straight week the Vees have occupied the top spot.
Also cracking the list is the red-hot Nanaimo Clippers, who’ve won nine in a row and the Chilliwack Chiefs are the other two BCHL teams to crack the list.
From the CJHL:
Another strong week in the CJHL has wrapped up and new teams such as the Nanaimo Clippers of the BCHL, and the Dieppe Commandos of the Maritime Hockey League have cracked the Top 20 Rankings with strong play and winning records of late..
The Penticton Vees of the BCHL hold on as Canada’s top Junior ‘A’ team, while the Chilliwack Chiefs and the aforementioned Clippers round out the top three spots in the BCHL.
The Spruce Grove Saints and Lloydminster Bobcats continue to be pursued by the Whitecourt Wolverines in the AJHL’s Viterra North Division, and the Brooks Bandits move forward to 13th overall in the CJHL Rankings and top spot in the AJHL’s Viterra South Division.
The Melfort Mustangs continue to dominate the SJHL, while the Portage Terriers and Winkler Flyers remain at the top of the MJHL, but the Steinbach Pistons are right behind them in the overall MJHL standings.
The Fort Frances Lakers in the Superior International Junior Hockey League continue their strong grip on first place, while the Soo Thunderbirds, Powassan Voodoos and the Cochrane Crunch are continuing to move ahead of the rest of the NOJHL.
Despite a strong effort lately by the OJHL’s Kingston Voyageurs, the Trenton Golden Hawks are still the class of the OJHL, while the Carleton Place Canadians and the Cumberland Grads continue to strengthen their positioning in the overall standings of the CCHL.
The College Francais de Longueuil have gained some room atop the standings in the QJHL and are followed closely by the Montagnards de Sainte-Agathe, and Les Cobras de Terrebonne.
The Dieppe Commandos have jumped into a tie with the Summerside Western Capitals in the overall standings in the Maritme Hockey League, by virtue of a nice overtime victory over Summerside this past week.
Top 20 Rankings
- Penticton Vees (BCHL) (1)
- Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (3)
- Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (2)
- Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (4)
- Portage Terriers (MJHL) (5)
- Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (6)
- Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL) (7)
- Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (9)
- Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (10)
- Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (11)
- Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (8)
- Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) (15)
- Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (17)
- Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (13)
- College Francais de Longeueil (QJHL) (19)
- Whitecourt Wolverines (AJHL) (16)
- Cumberland Grads (CCHL) (18)
- Nanaimo Clippers (BCHL) (NR)
- Dieppe Commandos (MHL) (NR)
- Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (HM)
Honourable Mention: Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL), Steinbach Pistons (MJHL), Dryden Ice Dogs (SIJHL), Kingston Voyageurs (OJHL), Summerside Western Capitals (MHL)